I’m not going to beat around the bush here. There’s a good reason that I don’t believe in vision boards and that’s because they fail to change our vibration and it’s our energetic vibration that creates and manifests what we experience and our reality.
Now I know that might sound a little out there but hear me out: when you create a vision board, no matter how beautiful it is or how much love, care and intention you put into it what happens after?
Let me guess: you place it carefully in your home or workspace, thinking that every time you look at it you’re going to be reminded of what you desire and will work harder to achieve it.
But regardless of the fact that working harder isn’t what manifests our desires for us – what really happens is that that vision board becomes one of two things – 1) a reminder of where you are not or what you haven’t yet achieved or 2) another piece of artwork that you don’t even notice anymore because it’s become a part of your everyday.
Do you see where I’m going with this?
Creating a vision board is like setting an intention – it’s fantastic but if you’re not aligned with it, if you’re not in the practice of changing something to create it, if you’re not raising your vibration to be a match to it – it’s still not going to happen.
And if you’ve been reading my blog for a while you’ll know that I’m all for saving time and doing things that actually give you the best results in as little time as possible.
Of course if you enjoy vision boarding by all means fire away, but know that it takes more than just creating one and having it hanging around your workspace to make those desires your reality.
We’ve been so brain washed into thinking that intention setting is what is going to change our lives, into hoping and wishing something into existence but science, manifestation just doesn’t work that way.
And it’s something we do in our businesses all too often – hoping and wishing for the best results from something like posting on social media everyday (yes my hand is up here as I was a devout believer that this is what would create the most results in my business – because that was what I had been told). But hope marketing isn’t the most impactful thing you can do for your business, your results or your sanity either.
So what should we be in the practice of if we want to make our desires our reality considering vision boarding is just a craft activity?
1) Be intentional – yes by all means of course please do set your intentions and your desires
2) Be aligned – allow anything that isn’t aligned with creating what you want to fall away – if it’s in the way its a block or creating resistance so remove it.
3) Be proactive – take aligned steps to creating what you desire on a daily basis – this could be meditating, visualisation of your desired outcome or actual action steps and strategy.
4) Be in pleasure not pressure – hustle creates stress, stress does not create manifestation, pleasure does – enjoy your work day’s more, be present in the moment, cultivate your creativity and really work on feeling achievement and fulfilment from your work days rather than overwhelm and lack.
5) Be non-judgemental – don’t compare your beginning with someone else’s middle. Don’t judge yourself as not good enough, not there yet or not capable when you’re on a journey. We’ve been socialised into wanting things right here right now but the journey is the juicy bit so give yourself some grace and allow yourself space to be the beginner and to learn.
I’m sorry if this has burst the bubble on vision boarding for you but hey if its best to know what is going to actually work for you to get you the reality and the results you want then I’ve got your back.